What Other Scooters Do You Have A Crush On?

Discussion of the Genuine Buddy, Hooligan, Black Jack and other topics, both scooter related and not

Moderator: Modern Buddy Staff

Wheelz

Post by Wheelz »

I had a huge crush on the gts super, but I bought one...so...

Stella 2 tone...
Buddy 170..
Blur 220

All in the genuine family..I had 2 Rattlers and loved em both, but I would love another Genuine to add to the stable.
"Hey You, yeah, all you'se thoughts, specially you, creepy wierd one in the corner, Screw you guys, I'm going for a ride..."
CTB170i

Post by CTB170i »

Would you all consider the Honda CTX700N DCT a scooter…? It makes the rider sit up right with feet in front like a scooter and it's twist and go!

My Buddy 170i is less than a month old… I stopped by a motorcycle dealer to try on some riding jackets and found the CTX700N DCT. I sat on it, liked the feel, height and weight. Now I want one…

No regrets with the Buddy 170i, loving every minute on the scooter… It's faster than I thought it would be…

Maybe the CTX700N DCT is something I will eventually grow into…
Newbie Scooterist
Buddy 170i
Rusty Shackleford

Post by Rusty Shackleford »

The Honda CTX700N, even with the DCT, is still indeed a motorcycle. It ultimately comes down to step-through VS straddle. The Stella is a 4-speed, but it's still a step through scooter. If it was a 4-speed straddle like the SYM Symba, it would be a motorcycle. The Aprilia Mana is an example of a motorcycle that has a CVT automatic. All of that said, the CTX700N is probably the best option for those who are small in stature and are turned off by manual transmissions. I like that bike a lot actually and applaud Honda for reaching out like that. I've been riding manual shift bikes since the beginning, but I'd seriously like a Honda NC700X DCT. Beats the heck out of wearing out the clutch in traffic!
C'mon, sko sko sko!
MrChet

Post by MrChet »

I am guilty of bringing home a Zuma 125 a few days ago. I have a thing for bug eyes. It's manifested in owning an Audi TT and lusting after a 2002-03 Bug Eye WRX.
TVB

Post by TVB »

Lostmycage wrote:Image
I may have just seen the scooter for my next road trip. (Unfortunately, I might possibly be serious about needing it.)
ravenlore

Post by ravenlore »

Oh, I thought of another one. And i sincerely apologize in advance.

At the risk of starting a flamewar...the TGB Bellavita.

Can't help it, just like it a lot
az_slynch

Post by az_slynch »

ravenlore wrote:Oh, I thought of another one. And i sincerely apologize in advance.

Holy cannoli, the Bellavita is a rather unabashed knock-off of a Vespa GT/GTS! I suppose the imitation is the most sincere form of flattery, though. :lol:
At what point does a hobby become an addiction? I'm uncertain, but after the twelfth scooter, it sorta feels like the latter...

Seriously...I've lost count...

Seven mopeds ...that's still manageable...
ravenlore

Post by ravenlore »

az_slynch wrote:
ravenlore wrote:Oh, I thought of another one. And i sincerely apologize in advance.

Holy cannoli, the Bellavita is a rather unabashed knock-off of a Vespa GT/GTS! I suppose the imitation is the most sincere form of flattery, though. :lol:
It is a bit, yah. :oops:
gar1013

Post by gar1013 »

So I like the C3...

Which if you squint enough looks like a ....

Although any Lambretta would do in my book -- as well as a vintage Vespa.

I "Like" this one as well:

And I would love to get one of these:

And of course, there's the difficult choice between these two:

bgwss

Post by bgwss »

Yamaha Tmax :D