Happy Chanukah

Discussion of the Genuine Buddy, Hooligan, Black Jack and other topics, both scooter related and not

Moderator: Modern Buddy Staff

KABarash

Happy Chanukah

Post by KABarash »

Happy Chanukah to all......
Attachments
Menorah.jpg
Menorah.jpg (28.2 KiB) Viewed 1303 times
Aging is mandatory, growing up is optional.
My kids call me 'crazy', I prefer 'Eccentric'.
Nullius in verba
charlie55

Post by charlie55 »

And to you/yours.

Even though we're not Jewish, I grew up in a mostly Jewish neighborhood, so I learned to appreciate both traditions.

Being Italian, however, food is my second religion, so I just gotta ask: what are the menu highlights?
LunaP

Post by LunaP »

charlie55 wrote:And to you/yours.

Even though we're not Jewish, I grew up in a mostly Jewish neighborhood, so I learned to appreciate both traditions.

Being Italian, however, food is my second religion, so I just gotta ask: what are the menu highlights?
Latkas (sp?) are delicious, and that's all I know.

Although I may be finding out more this year. Lokky is both Jewish and Italian.

Happy Chanukah!
KABarash

Post by KABarash »

charlie55 wrote:what are the menu highlights?
Nothing special.... I'm home alone this evening, never any fun to cook for just myself.
Nullius in verba
KABarash

Post by KABarash »

LunaP wrote: Latkas (sp?) are delicious, and that's all I know.
Yes they are...... and way too easy to make 8) (Yet a bit of a pain to bother with for just one)
Nullius in verba
Rob

Post by Rob »

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/_RA_0NnDau4" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Rob
"Sponges grow in the ocean. That just kills me. I wonder how much deeper the ocean would be if that didn't happen."
- Steven Wright
Stormswift

Post by Stormswift »

HAPPY CHANUKAH to you also KB !

My family is mixed so we tend to alternate holidays. I have to admit I've never made Latkas. Come to think of it it was my grandfather who always made them. He had his own way of making them and there is no written recepie. I will have to do a bit of digging on the Internet and see what I might be able to come up with.
I can only imagine 60 years from now my son and his family serving Latkas on Chanukah and telling grandkids this is the secret family recepie great grandma (moi) brought from the old country :lol: :lol:
I am not a scooter snob.
I am a scooter connoisseur
TVB

Post by TVB »

In elementary school I was in the grade with three Jewish kids, so we always got to do the token Hanukkah song in the... er... Christmas program. In high school half of my friends were Jewish. It was a little weird when I went to college (a private Protestant school) and suddenly no one knew what a dreidel was, let alone latkes and pontshkes (which would be the menu highlights: potato pancakes and jam-filled doughnuts).
Lokky

Post by Lokky »

My father, being the good Jewish man that he is loves to celebrate Hanukkah by eating pork cutlet cooked in milk sauce :lol:
Jackie F

Post by Jackie F »

Don't know if this is Kosher.

az_slynch

Post by az_slynch »

Jackie F wrote:Don't know if this is Kosher.

Kosher or not, it's an improvement over the stock lighting on a handlebar Vespa. :lol:

Happy Chanukah to those who celebrate. :)
At what point does a hobby become an addiction? I'm uncertain, but after the twelfth scooter, it sorta feels like the latter...

Seriously...I've lost count...

Seven mopeds ...that's still manageable...
50CC Cape Cod

Post by 50CC Cape Cod »

Maybe you will get 8 scooter gifts. Happy Chanukah to you as well.
LunaP

Post by LunaP »

TVB wrote:In elementary school I was in the grade with three Jewish kids, so we always got to do the token Hanukkah song in the... er... Christmas program. In high school half of my friends were Jewish. It was a little weird when I went to college (a private Protestant school) and suddenly no one knew what a dreidel was, let alone latkes and pontshkes (which would be the menu highlights: potato pancakes and jam-filled doughnuts).
One of my first roommates was brought up celebrating both holidays, and I'm an atheist who celebrates Christmas. We decided we were going to put up a Menorah and an Xmas tree in the apartment... so she and I went on a search to buy a Menorah, because she didn't have her own... this was 2007, I believe.
We went to Target. Nada. We went to Walmart. Not only did they have no Chanukah anything, in trying to find where in the store it might be, we asked three different employees... we used such key words as 'Chanukah', 'menorah', and 'dreidel'; none of them knew what we were talking about :evil:

It made me very angry.
(We finally found a small Chanukah section at a larger Target store, to end the story).
skully93

Post by skully93 »

LunaP wrote:
charlie55 wrote:And to you/yours.

Latkas (sp?) are delicious, and that's all I know.

Although I may be finding out more this year. Lokky is both Jewish and Italian.

Happy Chanukah!
I LOVE latkas! Stepfamily is Jewish so we do both sometimes. Only time it was an issue is if it fell on Dad's weekend during passover and I wasn't allowed to eat. AAAAGH!
TVB

Post by TVB »

LunaP wrote:We went to Target. Nada. We went to Walmart. ...
Another cultural stereotype (the penny-pinching Jew) bites the dust. :)
LunaP

Post by LunaP »

TVB wrote:
LunaP wrote:We went to Target. Nada. We went to Walmart. ...
Another cultural stereotype (the penny-pinching Jew) bites the dust. :)
More like poor college student!! :P
KABarash

Post by KABarash »

Now that Chanukah is over, I wish I found this sooner........ http://www.menorah.com/catalog2/shopexd.asp?id=4478 guess I'll order one for next year.
Nullius in verba
Stormswift

Post by Stormswift »

KABarash wrote:

Now that Chanukah is over, I wish I found this sooner........ http://www.menorah.com/catalog2/shopexd.asp?id=4478 guess I'll order one for next year.
This is really neat!
I am not a scooter snob.
I am a scooter connoisseur