Buddy 125 wheels / tires on a Buddy 50

Discussion of the Genuine Buddy, Hooligan, Black Jack and other topics, both scooter related and not

Moderator: Modern Buddy Staff

CountChocula

Buddy 125 wheels / tires on a Buddy 50

Post by CountChocula »

So I've posted before about this viewtopic.php?t=21475&highlight=

But it's only been on the back burner.

I NEED to get at least a rear tire ASAP!!

2006 Buddy 50. I just need the tire but would like to make it look like a Blackjack and like the solid wheels better plus they're a little beefier.

HAS ANYBODY PUT 125 wheels on a 50?????????????????????

Would still like to do whitewalls but that's another story.

THANKS!

The Count
mhardgrove

Post by mhardgrove »

If you look at the forks on a 50 and 125 they appear to be different, so I would make absolutely sure the rims are interchangeable before buying them. Why exactly do you want the 125 rims on a 50?
CountChocula

Post by CountChocula »

mhardgrove wrote:If you look at the forks on a 50 and 125 they appear to be different, so I would make absolutely sure the rims are interchangeable before buying them. Why exactly do you want the 125 rims on a 50?
Thanks for the reply. And good question!!

Mostly just cosmetic.
My current rims are just a bit beat up. But I would like to paint them red and get the LOOK of a blackjack. In the thread I gave a link to another member who mentioned the red wheel/ whitewall "Hot-Rod" look would look a little goofy on the 3-spoke wheel from the Buddy 50. I agree.
pdxrita

Post by pdxrita »

Seems to me that someone on here tried putting larger tires on a 50, not the entire wheel, just the tire, and it scraped the fender or something.

Edit: Here's the one I was thinking of. Since he put on 3.5 x 10's, I'd say this answers your question. That's the size the 125's come with.
topic20010.html
mhardgrove

Post by mhardgrove »

I'm actually surprised that nobody makes aftermarket rims for these things. I doubt the rims are interchangeable, but can totally be wrong.