I am loving my scoot!

Discussion of the Genuine Buddy, Hooligan, Black Jack and other topics, both scooter related and not

Moderator: Modern Buddy Staff

CAPE COD PSYCHO

I am loving my scoot!

Post by CAPE COD PSYCHO »

I got a brand new Buddy Psycho 125. I added the pipe, jetted the carb and replaced the trans. with an NCY hp trans. I did the voodoo light mod, switched the bulbs out for led's and put a halogen headlight in for better light at night. I have to say. I am absolutely loving this thing to death. After messing around with different roller weights I have realized that the weights that came with the NCY trans work the best! I am thrilled with the performance, handling and look. And with a little help from youtube and modernbuddy.com I have learned a ton of things to help me do all the work and upgrades myself. I am 100% a scoot rider for life. I am so glad I bought my bike. Thanks to everyone who post all that awesome info so that guys like me can learn to do all sorts of cool stuff ourselves. I hit 65+mph on the way to work today! Woo - hoo! :twisted:
skully93

Post by skully93 »

Congrats!

You should do a Fuelly account so that people can compare their unmodified 125's to your 'super psycho'!
Raiderfn311

Post by Raiderfn311 »

Very cool! Remember, you are hundreds of miles away from that Psycho hitting its peak. Honestly, my Buddy took 3-4k to really feel "broken-in".
The Edge....there is no honest way to explain it because the only people who truly know where it is have gone over. -Hunter S. Thompson
k1dude

Post by k1dude »

skully93 wrote:You should do a Fuelly account so that people can compare their unmodified 125's to your 'super psycho'!
Ditto that request!
JHScoot

Post by JHScoot »

Your enthusiasm is infectious, cape cod. Keep it up.

Maybe a few pics, huh?
Riding is riding
scudder

Post by scudder »

I too have a Psycho, what kind of pipe did you put on it?
CAPE COD PSYCHO

I installed the Prima pipe from scooterworks. ( have to jet the carb and mod the airbox in order for the engine to run correctly and not too lean)
I'll snap some pics and post them this week. I can't wait to see how it runs when the engine breaks in.
CAPE COD PSYCHO

Check out my license plate bling!
Attachments
PSYCHO3a.jpg
PSYCHO3a.jpg (174.99 KiB) Viewed 1312 times
CAPE COD PSYCHO

That's one handsome scoot!
Attachments
PSYCHO222.jpg
PSYCHO222.jpg (84.71 KiB) Viewed 1310 times
JHScoot

Post by JHScoot »

argh! The Psycho's look so sweet. It's fierce with that pipe. :ninja:
Riding is riding
YaBoySL

Post by YaBoySL »

What number is your Psycho? I have #31. All I've done so far is installed crash bars. I think when I get near 1500 miles or so I'll start looking into upgrading for performance.
amy

Post by amy »

Ohhhhh it must be so much fun to scoot on the cape!
CAPE COD PSYCHO

I got #94. I love to scoot here but it's also practical because parking is tight and traffic is always jammed in the summer. I love being able to zip down to the post office or store, park right out front, do my business and hop on and scoot off. I have become a bit of the scooter ambassador here. People who are interested in getting one come into my store and ask me all sorts of scooter related questions. I have business owners, store clerks, and even police sergeants interested in scooting.
amy

Post by amy »

CAPE COD PSYCHO wrote:I got #94. I love to scoot here but it's also practical because parking is tight and traffic is always jammed in the summer. I love being able to zip down to the post office or store, park right out front, do my business and hop on and scoot off. I have become a bit of the scooter ambassador here. People who are interested in getting one come into my store and ask me all sorts of scooter related questions. I have business owners, store clerks, and even police sergeants interested in scooting.
Wonderful! I love Cape Cod. Next time I go I might just have to bring my scoot!
Raiderfn311

Post by Raiderfn311 »

Dude, some well-placed Oakland Raider stickers would look BADASS. Very sweet scoot.
The Edge....there is no honest way to explain it because the only people who truly know where it is have gone over. -Hunter S. Thompson
JHScoot

Post by JHScoot »

Or as we know them down yonder way...and will know them as again....The Los Angeles Raiders
Riding is riding
Raiderfn311

Post by Raiderfn311 »

JHScoot wrote:Or as we know them down yonder way...and will know them as again....The Los Angeles Raiders
I'm just waiting for AL Davis to rise from the grave and sue the NFL for something. Its gonna happen.
PeteH

Post by PeteH »

Take the Rams back. Please.
Feel da rhythm! Feel da rhyme! Get on up! It's Buddy Time!
ThreeSheets
Dealer

Post by ThreeSheets »

Congrats on your buddy!!! Enjoy the Psycho!
<b>FLAT SQUIRREL SCOOTERS</b>
421 N. Randall Rd, Lake in the Hills, IL
www.flatsquirrelscooters.com
Raiderfn311

Post by Raiderfn311 »

PeteH wrote:Take the Rams back. Please.
Give it time, that team will get better.