Any newer exhausts besides Prima for the Buddy 50?

Discussion of the Genuine Buddy, Hooligan, Black Jack and other topics, both scooter related and not

Moderator: Modern Buddy Staff

CountChocula

Any newer exhausts besides Prima for the Buddy 50?

Post by CountChocula »

Spent a while searching....most searches end a few years ago...

Seems some of the Primas were not that great quality wise.

My Buddy is all stock but the original pipe is pretty beat up and I think beginning to have an exhaust leak.

Wouldn't mind a better looking one, wouldn't mind a little better power, and a sportier sound...nothing too raspy or loud. Just less leaf-blowerish.

I see some cheap universal models on eBay. Anyone have any lulck recently??

Thanks,

The Count
jasondavis48108

Post by jasondavis48108 »

I have the Prima. Anything you get that enhances the performance is gonna be similar in design. I did get a performance boost (fairly small) and it sounds like an old dirt bike now for sure. The only problem I have had with it is that the pipe is very prone to rust. If I do keep the scooter (my step mom may want it) then I'll have it bead blasted and ceramic coated. Other than that the pipe has been great and I do not regret the purchase.
"Only the curious have, if they live, a tale worth telling at all" Alastair Reid
TVB

Post by TVB »

How many miles do you have on yours, Count? Lately I've been thinking that my bike sounds louder than it used to. A casual inspection (less than what was authorized today by the Supreme Court) doesn't show anything wrong with it, but I do wonder if it's starting to lose some of its "muffle". I'd probably replace it with stock-equivalent, since the scoot has always been a bit louder than I'd like.