Loctite for helping Scoot 66 windshield?

Discussion of the Genuine Buddy, Hooligan, Black Jack and other topics, both scooter related and not

Moderator: Modern Buddy Staff

Drumwoulf

Loctite for helping Scoot 66 windshield?

Post by Drumwoulf »

The tightening knob wheels on my SlipStreamer Scoot 66 windshield tend to loosen occasionally with vibration,
and I was wondering if using Blue Loctite on them would improve matters?
I should still be able to twist the knob handles loose when I need to, iffen I use the Blue stuff, right?

Other than that I am highly impressed with the Scoot 66 w/s. It's one of the best I've ever seen for a scooter;
it's plexiglass is almost twice as thick as the Genuine one, it costs less, protects from the wind far better, and has impressive hardware!

And it's a whole lot better and a lot cheaper than the windshields Piaggio and Prima make for scooters also!
And I really appreciated the great photo installation instructions (made it easy!) that are posted here on MB! 8)
Namaste,
~drummer~

07 Buddy 125
07 Vespa GT200
BuddyRaton
Scooter Dork

Post by BuddyRaton »

Blue Loctite is medium strength. It will help prevent screws from vibrating loose. Once set, if you move the screw you will need to reapply.

Loctite is your friend!
"Things fall apart - it's scientific" - David Byrne
www.teamscootertrash.com

'06 Cream Buddy 125, 11 Blur 220, 13 BMW C 650 GT, 68 Vespa SS180, 64 Vespa GS MK II, 65 Lambretta TV 175, 67 Vespa GT, 64 Vespa 150 VBB 64 Vespa GL
Drumwoulf

Post by Drumwoulf »

BuddyRaton wrote:Blue Loctite is medium strength. It will help prevent screws from vibrating loose. Once set, if you move the screw you will need to reapply.

Loctite is your friend!
Thanks -Thas just what I was hoping to hear... :D
Namaste,
~drummer~

07 Buddy 125
07 Vespa GT200
peabody99

Post by peabody99 »

The first few times I rode my screen had tightness issues. I kept the allen wrench right in the underseat carrier and pulled over and tightened it on the spot. It has had no issues since -over a year.

I agree the wind/cold coverage is good. I have a mid size on the gts as well, but for what ever reason it is warmer to ride the buddy. I think the slip streamer is a bit wider than typical mid size screens