Reflective Graphics on BlackJack

Discussion of the Genuine Buddy, Hooligan, Black Jack and other topics, both scooter related and not

Moderator: Modern Buddy Staff

evilscooterkitty

Reflective Graphics on BlackJack

Post by evilscooterkitty »

I've added a bunch of reflective checkerboard to my Buddy BlackJack:

http://www.justgottascoot.com/blackjack ... ackChecker

I used the high-end 3M red reflective material and hand cut everything. Now the BlackJack just explodes with visibility wihen headlights from the cages shine on it.
nateandcourt

Post by nateandcourt »

That looks sweet.

I could imagine that takes patience and a steady arm. :shock:
Drumwoulf

Post by Drumwoulf »

nateandcourt wrote:That looks sweet.

I could imagine that takes patience and a steady arm. :shock:
I don't know how the 3M tape works, but I put reflective tape on mine from this outfit http://www.streetglo.net/ .

Streetglo reflective tape (and stickers) you put on after you wet down the metal/plastic surface it's going onto first, so it's easy to move stuff around until you get it exactly in line and place where you want it.

It dries firm and hard after several minutes and then you can no longer move it around. It's actually very easy to work with, as long as you follow the instructions and wet the placement surfaces first! 8)
Namaste,
~drummer~

07 Buddy 125
07 Vespa GT200
evilscooterkitty

Post by evilscooterkitty »

Streetglo stuff is very nice and I think it's easy to work with. For the BlackJack, I wanted to follow some curved lines, so individual pieces was the better way to go. The heavy duty 3M stuff is STICKY, so any mistakes means goo-gone and start over. Yes, it takes a steady hand and some time. One of my other hobbies is watch collecting and I do some of my own work. After repairing a tiny watch movement, working on scooter stuff seems easy!
LisaLisa

Post by LisaLisa »

You copied oryx.
:P :P :P