Forums
 FAQHelp  LinksLinks    SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Replacement part for front inner VIN panel??

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forums » General Discussion Previous topic :: Next topic  
trevorparsons

Genuine Buddy BlackJack

PostPosted: Mon Mar 28, 2016 6:54 pm    Post subject: Replacement part for front inner VIN panel?? Reply with quote

Scoured the internet but I can't seem to find a replacement part for it anywhere -- probably because it usually has the vehicle's VIN on it. (The part number is 15 on the Buddy diagram and SKU of P5623010650.)

My scooter was stolen but recently recovered and this part was removed. Obviously I'm not so concerned about replacing it with a piece that has my scooter's VIN on it, but I'd like to get a piece of plastic that fits the mold so it's not just an open hole in my inner cover.

Any thoughts/ideas/suggestions? Thanks!
DeeDee

buddy 170i

PostPosted: Tue Mar 29, 2016 12:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Is this what you need?
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Genuine-Scooter-Buddy-50-125-150-170-Upper-Lower-Leg-shield-with-storage-/121865355094?hash=item1c5fbdbf56:g:NFMAAOSwGotWl~Sc&vxp=mtr

This guy is a good seller. I've bought from him before.
trevorparsons

Genuine Buddy BlackJack

PostPosted: Tue Mar 29, 2016 4:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just need that small rectangular panel towards the lower half in the middle, called the VIN cover plate in his eBay listing.

I was able to get a quote from my local Genuine dealer on it. The part costs $5 from the manufacturer, then $15 to special order/ship, then they want to charge another $12 to ship from the store to me (though I live 2 miles away and asked if I could just come get it). It's a small piece of plastic that weights maybe 2 ounces. Not really trying to pay $32 for it. Sad

I did send this eBay seller a message asking if he has one for sale though. Thank you for pointing him out!
Yalzin

2013 Stella "Donna Stella"

PostPosted: Tue Mar 29, 2016 4:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'll see if I can find one in the shop. I'm sure there are some floating around somewhere back there.

I work at Wick's (the link posted above - Thanks for the endorsement, DeeDee!).
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forums » General Discussion Previous topic :: Next topic  Time: GMT

Jump to: