Forums
 FAQHelp  LinksLinks    SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forums » General Discussion Previous topic :: Next topic  
Wilmette john

PostPosted: Tue Nov 17, 2015 4:42 pm    Post subject: .. Reply with quote

Last edited by Wilmette john on Tue Nov 17, 2015 6:16 pm; edited 1 time in total
az_slynch

'18 Spade, '16 K-Pipe, '13 Stella 4T, '12 Yager GT200i, '81 Vespa P200e and Far Too Many Others

PostPosted: Tue Nov 17, 2015 5:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Interestingly, the Chicago Scooter Company has the same address as ScooterWorks.

Seriously...I've lost count...

Seven mopeds ...that's still manageable...
Syd

'09 GTS250

PostPosted: Wed Nov 18, 2015 12:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I feel like I missed something...
az_slynch

'18 Spade, '16 K-Pipe, '13 Stella 4T, '12 Yager GT200i, '81 Vespa P200e and Far Too Many Others

PostPosted: Wed Nov 18, 2015 3:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Syd wrote:
I feel like I missed something...

This was the story that got pulled:

http://www.motorcyclepowersportsnews.com/chicago-scooter-company-debuts-with-1099-go-scooter/

Not sure why the OP pulled it. I hope my comment wasn't perceived as derogatory, I just found it interesting that the relationship wasn't mentioned in the article. Maybe Genuine is diversifying its product lines like some automakers have, like Nissan/Infinity or Toyota/Lexus. It would make sense with respect other recent market moves (e.g. Genuine Motorcycles). Locally, Buddy sales have been stagnant with more affordable alternatives from Kymco. If Genuine had a value brand, they could compete more effectively against bikes such as the Kymco Agility, Super 8 and Like, or the SYM/Lance offerings such as the PCH, Cabo and Cali Classic.

Last edited by az_slynch on Wed Nov 18, 2015 4:46 pm; edited 2 times in total
Dooglas

Buddy 125, Buddy Kick, Vespa GTS300

PostPosted: Wed Nov 18, 2015 4:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

az_slynch wrote:
Interestingly, the Chicago Scooter Company has the same address as ScooterWorks.

The Scooterworks website is also advertising the "Go" scooter for sale. Interesting that, so far, a relationship with Scooterworks is being acknowledged, but not a relationship with the Genuine Scooter Company.
avescoots1134

PostPosted: Wed Nov 18, 2015 10:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

As a dealer, Scooterworks is always good to deal with for parts and a parts only warranty means no money lost on the service side of the deal. I'm in.
ericalm
Site Admin

STELLA FOUR STROKE FURY! + Vespa LX 150/190 + '87 Honda Helix CN250

PostPosted: Thu Nov 19, 2015 8:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dooglas wrote:
az_slynch wrote:

The Scooterworks website is also advertising the "Go" scooter for sale. Interesting that, so far, a relationship with Scooterworks is being acknowledged, but not a relationship with the Genuine Scooter Company.

There is no relationship with Genuine. Sort of. I think this is Scooterworks Chicago, which is not Scooterworks USA, but the local dealer there. They're all connected, but very loosely at this point, with independent management. Genuine and Scooterworks USA (parts supplier) no longer based next door on Damen, even.

So. There's money to be made in cheap scooters. Butů hm.

az_slynch

PostPosted: Sun Mar 13, 2016 5:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Went by my dealer to pick up the Yager on Wednesday and they have a pair of Chicago Scooter Company Go! 50s on display. One in grey and one in green. A bit surprising, as they've historically avoided selling 50s due to the difficulty those small motors have in coping with Tucson traffic.

Fit and finish looks surprisingly good for the price point. The dashboard is spartan at best, but again, price point! Hydraulic disc up front is a nice touch, though servicing the reservoir will require removal of the cowling. The one odd bit that stood out was the EGR valve in the exhaust downpipe; the recirculation hose arcs right around over the dipstick access, so it might be a nuisance when checking the oil.

I may try to finagle a ride at some point, out of curiousity. Since my local dealer initially had not interest in them, I had considered buying one in Las Cruces before I got clued in on the K-Pipe. Been wanting to put together something like a timed 50cc poker run around town using the secondary streets for funsies and to promote the small motor riders. Heck, between John K. and myself, we have about ten 50cc scoots!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forums » General Discussion Previous topic :: Next topic  Time: GMT

Jump to: