Forums
 FAQHelp  LinksLinks    SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Stella Cowl Protectors and Cowl Removal

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forums » Stella Discussion Previous topic :: Next topic  
kh4130

2009 Stella

PostPosted: Tue Aug 04, 2009 7:35 pm    Post subject: Stella Cowl Protectors and Cowl Removal Reply with quote

Still haven't gotten a Stella yet but I was wondering something.

Can you remove the cowl on a Stella without removing the cowl protectors?
tony.appell

08 Stella, cloned into a 1983 Vespa PX

PostPosted: Mon Feb 08, 2010 3:00 pm    Post subject: Cowl protector questions Reply with quote

There are several styles of cowl protectors available, but one type is avalable that needs 3 holes drilled into the cowl, and attaches directly on, so that you do not need to remove the protector to remove the cowl.
Check out Scoots RS - http://scootrs.com look under Vespa, (not Modern Vespa) then crashbars/racks sub catagory.
polianarchy

'14 Stellamatic & '06 Buddy 125 & '78 Vespa P200E

PostPosted: Mon Feb 08, 2010 7:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have one of the cowl protectors that you must remove in order to access the engine, but it's not difficult. There's an easily gripable handle used at one of the connections, and I've been able to do what I need (rejet the carb, check the spark plug, etc) by unattaching just the one end. I was concerned I'd need to use a wrench to remove the bolt since my hands are so small, but no worries.
ModBud #442
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forums » Stella Discussion Previous topic :: Next topic  Time: GMT

Jump to: